The Mark Bruce Company was formed in 1991 as a vehicle for the uncompromising dance theatre of Mark Bruce. Our work pushes the boundaries of style and expectations, whilst remaining rooted in a strong choreographic language; we stake out territory unoccupied by any other English dance company. We create work for both traditional and unconventional venues, and are also committed to a rounded educational programme. We are very proud to be an Arts Council National Portfolio Organisation.
The Company was delighted to win the South Bank Sky Arts Award for our production of Dracula which toured the UK in 2013 and 2014. The Company and its dancers also won three Critics’ Circle National Dance Awards: the Dancing Times Award for Best Male Dancer, the Best Independent Company Award, and the Outstanding Male Performance (Modern) Award, for Jonathan Goddard in the title role of Dracula.
2016 saw us touring The Odyssey during which we launched our first appeal to corporate sponsors who wish to be associated with an exciting and creative force in the arts. We hope to build on this success with our next full length dance theatre production which is due to tour in 2018.
The benefits of becoming a corporate sponsor include:• Recognition of your corporate social responsibility (CSR) in supporting the arts
• Opportunities for corporate hospitality for your clients, and entertainment for your staff
• Brand exposure and association with a success story
• Opportunities for advertising in our programmes and on the website and social media
• Opportunities for networking with other business sponsors
There are two levels of corporate supporter, whom we call Demigods and Titans. Demigods donate £750; and Titans donate £1,500.
* Complimentary tickets can be requested for any Mark Bruce Company performance during the 12 months after you sign up for sponsorship. Tickets are subject to availability at the time of booking.
** Sponsors will be given a named point of contact within the Company who will deal with the Box Office at each venue.
*** Titans will be invited to attend one open rehearsal or class, with up to 4 guests, by arrangement with Mark and the cast.