Mark Bruce Company relies on philanthropic support to engage hundreds of people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities with dance each year.
By contributing to our Education programme, your support could go toward the costs of running the following initiatives:
- Junior Intensive Summer School: Run alongside our vocational summer school, we create opportunities for local young people (aged 13+) to develop their technique in contemporary dance.
- Vocational Summer School: Mark Bruce Company's Summer School provides an invaluable extension to the vocational training of emerging dancers as they embark on a professional career.
- Weekly classes for young people: Taught by Company members, local young people aged 12+ gain access to high quality, weekly dance class.
- Masterclasses: Monthly masterclasses taught by professional dancers for local young people in Frome and surrounding areas.
- Education Packs: providing students and teachers with information about the current touring production.
- Silver Swans: A new initiative to provide dancing opportunities for the over 55s.
- Regular adult classes:Regular adult contemporary dance classes in Frome.
- Teacher Training: Practical up-to-date training for Company dancers in the delivery of workshops.
- Apprenticeship Scheme: Giving a student the opportunity to rehearse and tour as a Company member.
- Understudies: Select vocational students are cast as understudies for the Companys touring productions.
- Work Experience: The Company offers work experience opportunities each year for young people pursuing a career in dance and the related professions.